Fatima Alexis Zeidan, Esq
Fatima Alexis Zeidan is a native of Allendale, South Carolina, a small town located in the low country region of South Carolina. She joined The Eichholz Law Firm in June 2015 and was named a Managing Partner in September 2017. Fatima practices in the areas of personal injury and civil litigation.
She has spent her career defending the interests of the everyday man, seeking justice and advocating for the oppressed, and handles an array of cases ranging from minor motor vehicle collisions to catastrophic injury cases in both South Carolina and Georgia. As a trial attorney, she has successfully tried cases throughout the two-state region and has presented oral arguments in South Carolina Court of Appeals.
A Columbia College alumna, Fatima graduated from the Charleston School of Law in 2010. While in law school, she achieved recognition on the Dean’s List and was a member of several student organizations. Her most memorable experience was clerking for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Uganda during the summer of 2009.
She is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, Georgia Bar Association, South Carolina Association for Justice, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. Some of Fatima’s distinctions include being included in the Top 40 under 40 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association, National Black Lawyers Top 40 under 40 and a lifetime membership of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, where membership is limited to lawyers who have obtained million-dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of their clients. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members of this Forum. She has been appointed by the President of South Carolina Bar Association to serve on task force committees, including her 2017 appointment to the CLE Seminars Committee and the Practice and Procedure Committee. In July 2017, Fatima was invited by the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association to be a member of the faculty at their annual Auto-Torts Workshop. There, she presented on handling “Tough Liability, Big Damages Auto Cases.”
Public service is close to Fatima’s heart. She has chaired several local community projects and assisted with several pro bono community events. At her law school graduation, she was recognized for having completed over 100 hours of pro-bono legal services. Additionally, she has also been recognized by several local organizations for her work in the community. She served on the Board of Directors for Citizens Opposed to Domestic Violence (CODA) in Beaufort South Carolina, a non-profit organization that provides professional services, including safe houses, to victims of domestic violence. Fatima is frequently sought out by local leaders to assist in planning fundraisers and charity benefit functions.
Fatima has had several recent notable settlements including the following:
- $1,000,000 personal injury settlement in December 2016 for a client injured while being medically transported by a private non-emergent transport carrier;
- $1,5000,000 judgment in March 2017 in Bulloch County State Court for a client injured due to the actions of an intoxicated driver;
- $705,0000 personal injury settlement in April 2017 for a client injured due to a tractor trailer making an illegal u-turn;
- Jury trial victory in May 2017 in Fulton County State Court. This victory stemmed from a 2014 automobile collision in which the carrier refused to offer more than $10,000. The jury awarded $82,401.44.
- Several recent six-figure settlements including a $350,000 personal injury settlement for an injured bicyclist; $350,000 personal injury settlement for an injured pedestrian; and a $200,000 premises liability settlement for a client injured in an elevator.
- Six-Figure Settlement as the principal lawyer in the highly publicized South Carolina high school football hazing cases which rocked the high school football world.
Fatima is married to her husband, Stephen Dunbar and they have two daughters, Jaidyn and Victoria.