Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents happen every day in Georgia. At the Eichholz Law firm, we are committed to helping Georgians injured in any type of trucking accident. If you were seriously injured or sustained significant property damage, contact our firm for a free consultation. An experienced attorney can work aggressively to make sure you get the full compensation you are entitled to receive.
Trucking accidents may be caused by a truck driver’s negligence, but the trucking company may also prove to be negligent. The following are a few common causes of trucking accidents:
- Unrealistic time pressure created by employers to get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible, forcing drivers to stay on the road longer than they legally should according to federal regulations.
- Overloaded trailers.
- Failure to keep a commercial vehicle in proper running order, including mechanically unsound trucks or trucks operating with malfunctioning equipment such as poor tires, broken lights or brakes.
- Distracted drivers, including truckers who sends or received text messages behind the wheel which violates the federal law that bans texting for truckers and bus drivers.
- Truckers who are speeding.
- Truckers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Truckers who have failed to receive proper training.