Lawsuit Filed Against Jimmy John’s Over Tainted Sprouts

USA Todayreports that Heather Tuttle, an Iowa resident has filed a lawsuit against Jimmy John’s accusing them of serving unsafe food. Tuttle was sick for weeks after allegedly eating tainted sprouts on a turkey sandwich from the restaurant. Doctors diagnosed Tuttle with E. coli poisoning after she ate at the sandwich chain last month.

Tuttle is one of 12 people who have become ill after eating raw sprouts at Jimmy John’s. The lawsuit claims this is the fifth outbreak that Jimmy John’s has had since 2008.

Tuttle is seeking damages for pain and suffering.