Fulton County, located in north central Georgia, is the highest populated county with a population of 1,041,423. Atlanta, the state’s capital and Georgia’s most populous city with a population of about 486,290, is the 9th largest metropolitan statistical area in the United States. About 90% of Atlanta is housed within Fulton County, with the other 10% housed in nearby DeKalb County.
Within Fulton County lies a network of freeways spreading all throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area (which is comprised of around 28 additional counties) with motor vehicles being the dominant means of transportation in the region. This acts as a contributing factor to the high fatality rates in Fulton county, which has the highest number of motor vehicle crash fatalities in any county, partly due to Atlanta.
Below are the latest statistics on Fulton County from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety:
● 1st most populous county in Georgia with a population of 1,041,423
● Atlanta area drivers spend 10 percent of their time in traffic
● There were 60,984 total crashes in 2016 and 12,875 vehicle injuries
● As of 2016 alcohol-related fatalities were higher than speed-related fatalities, with speed-related fatalities slightly decreasing over time (from 2012-2016)
● Non-motorist fatalities were significantly higher for pedestrians than cyclists
You can find this information in our infographic below.
Call the Eichholz Law Firm for a Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident in the Atlanta area, contact the Eichholz Law Firm to speak to one of our car accident attorneys. We can provide you with professional legal counsel and get you the compensation you deserve. Our Atlanta car accident lawyers are readily available to help residents in various Georgia cities including Macon, Augusta, and Savannah. Find out more about the auto accident cases we handle and seek legal car accident advice today.