With more 2-3 inches of snow expected to fall over the next 2 days, drivers in Savannah are already starting to feel the effects of the current snowy conditions in the region.
In fact, a number of roads have already been closed in the area, including:
- The Sam Varnedoe drawbridge—due to salt not being able to be spread on the metal grates of the bridge
- The I-16 Bridge at the Effingham – Bryan County line—due to an auto accident
- Crossgate Rd—due to ice
Many drivers in our area are not used to driving in these types of conditions and with this mind, at the law offices of The Eichholz Law Firm, we urge all Savannah motorists to:
- Use care while driving
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and the one in front
- Give yourself more time to get to your intended destination
- Use turn signals if changing lanes or turning a corner
- Slightly depress your brake pedal from time to time to clear any snow that may have accumulated on the braking system
If you or someone you love is involved in a collision that was caused by the current bad weather conditions or by another motorist, call our law offices today at (866) 947-7449.
We offer Savannah residents 100% FREE case reviews and can help determine your legal options.