According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, approximately 2.24 million people were injured in auto collisions in 2010. In that same year, Georgia accounted for 1,244 motor vehicle traffic fatalities. While accidents ranged from single car collisions to large truck accidents, Georgia drivers must make an effort to reduce the number of accidents each year.
Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident that was caused by a negligent driver?
The Eichholz Law Firm has represented many car accident victims in Georgia in their over 30 years practicing personal injury law and can guide you through the entire legal process.
To learn more about your particular case, call us today at (866) 947-7449 or simply complete our Free Case Review form on this page.
Causes of Car Accidents
In the last several years, the United States has lost an average of 100 people per day due to a motor vehicle crash of some kind. Losing a life every 13 to 14 minutes surely indicates a need to recognize common car accidents in the hope to prevent future collisions from occurring.
Acknowledging the most common car accident causes will help motorists to keep a watchful eye on the roads, noting certain behaviors that may lead to a crash. At Eichholz Law Firm, we believe that an educated driver is a safer driver.
As a result, we have put together a list of the most common causes of auto collisions.
- A typical aggressive driver commits a number of traffic violations while having little to no regard for surrounding vehicles and property. In Georgia, reckless driving is an offense in which 4 points are assessed to the driver’s record. Even more dangerous, aggressive driving in Georgia warrants 6 points for the convicted driver.
- As the number one cause of motor vehicle accidents, distracted driving is a serious issue in the United States. As cell phones, GPS devices, and other distractions continue to enter motorists’ vehicles, there is a greater chance that the driver is not looking up at the road.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that about 100,000 car crashes occur each year due to drowsy drivers. Fatigued drivers are typically on the roads from 11 pm to 8 am, highlighting the most dangerous time to be on the road.
- Alcohol and drugs drastically affect a driver’s ability to react to situations. Drivers under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol have slowed motor skills matched with limited focus, creating a severe hazard on the roads.
- Many reckless and/or aggressive drivers seem to completely disregard the posted speed limits on roads and highways. As speed increases as does the severity of potential injuries associated with a crash. Speeding is amongst the leading causes of car accidents in the country.
- Paying special attention to outside “elements” is essential when operating a vehicle. Many drivers do not account for rain, snow, ice or fog, which puts them in a dangerous position. Motorists must prepare their vehicles for the weather prior to getting on the road.
- Automobiles contain hundreds of different parts that allow the car to function properly. Unfortunately, no product is truly perfect. Maintaining your automobile is the best way to avoid an accident due to vehicle failure; all drivers should get regular inspections to make sure their car is functioning safely.
Contact a Georgia Accident Attorney Today
At the law offices of The Eichholz Law Firm, we give each of our clients the same personal attention, care and respect. We believe that victims of motor vehicle collisions deserve compensation for their injuries and losses and our auto accident attorneys are fully prepared to take on your personal injury claim.
Complete the Free Case Review form on this page to get started today or call us at (866) 947-7449 and learn more about your legal options.
We’re here to help accident victims obtain the justice they deserve and only get paid we we win.