Takata-airbag-lawyerIn the midst of the largest auto recall in U.S. history, Takata Corp. just announced that it will now also need to replace the replacement airbags in many vehicles that were thought to already be fixed.

With 34 million vehicles on the recall list already, Takata has created more work for itself by replacing some airbags with the same dangerous product that has been shown to explode violently, sending shards of metal throughout the vehicle.

If you have been injured by one of these defective airbags, contact the Takata airbag lawyers at The Eichholz Law Firm to see if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.

In testimony before Congress on Tuesday, Takata executives admitted that many of the replacement airbags were made with the same batwing inflator that has been linked to the violent explosions that have caused six deaths and more than 100 injuries.

According to the company, the inflator does not present an immediate threat to drivers as the problem develops over time with the age.

These replacements are scheduled to be made in the final stage of the recall. However, there are no current estimates as to how many vehicles will need a second replacement or how long all of the recalls will take to complete.

In prepared remarks, Kevin Kennedy, an executive vice president of Takata’s North American unit, stated that the company will no longer continue producing these volatile batwing inflators.

The company has also received significant criticism for its decision to continue using ammonium nitrate as the propellant in its airbags. Many question if the chemical is safe and effective for use in airbag inflators.

Throughout this process Takata has proven significant negligence in the production of its products, putting profit before the safety of consumers.

Our defective product attorneys have been following this crisis from its very start and are skilled in representing the injured against large companies. If you have been injured by a Takata airbag, contact our office for a free consultation.

Call (866) 947-7449 or complete the Free Case Evaluation form.