Workers Compensation Lawyers in Macon
Many people spend as much time in their workplace as they do at home. Unfortunately, there are plenty of opportunities for moderate to severe injury in the workplace, which is the reason the workers’ compensation system was developed.
Every state administers its unique workers’ compensation program, and employers in Macon, Georgia with three or more employees have to participate in this workplace insurance system. The purpose of workers’ compensation is to pay rehabilitation, medical, and income benefits for employees who are injured on their job.
The benefits are provided to help Macon workers recover quickly from their injuries and get back to work. Also, workers’ compensation provides financial benefits to the dependents of the employee should that employee pass away due to job-related injuries.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are some professions and industries that are more risk prone than others.
Some of these risky occupations are:
- Commercial fishers
- Logging workers
- Aircraft pilots
- Flight engineers
- Steel and structural iron workers
- Sales workers
- Truck drivers
- Maintenance workers
Typical Workplace Injuries and Accidents
According to OSHA, typical workplace injuries and accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Tendon, muscle, ligament strains and tears due to excessive lifting, pulling, pushing, holding, throwing or carrying
- Injuries caused by climbing, bending, reaching, sitting, standing, slipping or tripping without falling
- Being struck by a heavy object, like a tool, machinery or piece of equipment or materials falling from above
- Slipping or falling to the ground or floor or from a higher level to a lower one
- Being crushed or bruised by getting caught under, in or between objects, pieces of machinery or equipment
- Exposure to extremely high or low temperatures (i.e., deep freezes or burns)
- Exposure to toxic substances and chemicals
- Strokes and heart attacks
Forms of Workers Compensation
Georgia’s workers compensation system aims to help accommodate the precise needs of injured workers, helping them get back to work faster.
A few of the workers compensation benefits include:
- Temporary total disability
- Temporary partial disability
- Permanent total disability
- Permanent partial disability
Why You Need a Macon Workers Compensation Lawyer
Like a lot of government programs, workers compensation doesn’t always work as smoothly as you may expect. With the modifications in the program through the years, its regulations and rules have become more complicated.
Injured employees who are denied workers compensation benefits, or who aren’t satisfied with their benefits, might request a formal hearing before the Georgia Board of Workers’ Compensation. Your employer might be represented by a Macon lawyer at the hearing.
Get Help from a Professional Macon Workers Compensation Lawyer
You might need help and representation from a Macon lawyer to properly present your claim. Indeed, a professional and experienced Macon workers’ compensation lawyer like Eichholz Law Firm can help you considerably if you are facing problems applying for or appealing your workers’ compensation benefits.
Employees who are recovering from workplace accidents and injuries, or families who are coping with the tragic loss of a breadwinner must receive the benefits and compensation they deserve instead of being burdened by government bureaucracy. However, aggressive and timely legal help is usually needed to realize this goal.
If you’ve been injured on your job or have lost your loved one in a tragic workplace accident in Macon, a professional Macon workers compensation lawyer from Eichholz Law Firm can help you receive the workers’ compensation benefits you need. Contact us today at 855-551-1019.