For several decades, the Eichholz Law Firm has been representing clients denied their rightful benefits under Social Security Disability. In many cases, a legitimate claim is denied because of an honest application error. Rather than getting upset or giving up, it is better to apply again, this time with the help of a knowledgeable Social Security disability lawyer in Macon, GA.
Social Security Disability Lawyer in Macon GA
Reasons For Getting Denied
Dependence on Drugs or Alcohol – If the applicant had a drug or alcohol addiction that contributed materially to their disability, they would not be eligible to receive any benefits.
Past Convictions – Disability benefits may or may not be impacted by prior convictions. It depends on the nature and timing of the conviction and disability. For example, if an individual became disabled during a period when they had a felony conviction, this may impact eligibility to receive Social Security disability benefits. Similarly, if an individual violated probation or parole or attempted to harm someone else to obtain these benefits, eligibility will be impacted.
Failure to Comply – If the applicant refuses to submit their medical records from their primary care physician along with their application, this will result in a denial. If an applicant refuses to undergo the required medical examination with a primary care medical doctor or skips their scheduled examination appointment, their application for benefits will be denied.
Fraud – If an applicant lies in their application about their disability, the Social Security Administration (SSA) may terminate their benefits, and they could even be prosecuted for fraud to the fullest extent of the law.
Short-Term Disability – For SSA to deem a person eligible to receive short-term benefits, the agency decides whether the impairment will exist up to a year in length. An example would include the duration of injuries sustained in a vehicle accident. Applicants who are blind are not subject to this requirement.
Seeking an Experienced Social Security Disability Lawyer in Macon GA
Unfortunately, once an individual has been denied Social Security disability benefits, a second or third application will likely yield similar results. This is when most applicants choose to do one of two things: give up or consult an attorney who knows the appeals process.
Here is a list of disabilities for which The Eichholz Law Firm has consulted on disability applications.
- Hip fractures or disorders
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Back problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety disorder
It can be a complicated process to verify both of the following conditions are met:
- There is an actual disability (impairment) in the short-term or long-term.
- This disability (impairment) impedes the individual’s ability to work.
Our law firm’s track record of success with helping our clients re-apply for Social Security disability benefits verifies that it is possible to be approved for benefits even after multiple denials. Our skilled Social Security disability lawyers in Macon, GA, are meticulous about preparing effective claims applications for our clients.
Whether the reason for your past denial(s) was related to impairment type or length of time, age, education, ability to pursue gainful employment, past conviction status, dependency, or compliance issues, we can work with you to re-apply.
Why Should You Work With a Law Firm?
By hiring a Social Security Disability lawyer in Macon GA, the individual will be eliciting the help of someone who thoroughly understands the application system and its nature, plus the correct approach to use to achieve the desired result. Many applicants get turned down for benefits the first time they apply, but this does not mean approval is impossible. By filing for an appeal with the assistance of a skilled disability lawyer, many applicants receive approval.
Regarding documentation and paperwork, a disability attorney can guide and help you throughout the entire process of filing your application or appeal forms because they understand the system. The attorney you choose can also make the difference between having a successful case and a case that is not successful. Social Security Disability cases are as important to you as they are to your dependents and your family, which is why your choice of lawyer can potentially impact your entire life going forward.
Some additional benefits of hiring an attorney include the following:
- Your attorney will know exactly what type of medical documentation should accompany your application for benefits and whether any required information or data is missing from your prior application or appeal.
- Your attorney knows the best way to connect with medical providers. Physicians often appreciate the chance to communicate with a knowledgeable attorney who can outline what is needed to file an application or appeal.
- Your attorney can represent you in the event you need to appeal. If your disability benefits application is denied, the next step is to file an appeal. This can necessitate reconsideration presentations, proceedings, and hearings, all of which you may be required to attend. Your attorney can represent you, speak for you, present the data and documents on your behalf, communicate with the appeals officials, and prepare you for any appearances you are required to make in court.
- Knowledgeable disability lawyers know how to counter testimony from a vocational expert, as they will draw out a supportive opinion in place of a negative one.
- Your attorney can bring various types of arguments to bear on your behalf. Your attorney is skilled in the art of persuasive arguments from many different angles to match your situation.
When to Contact a Social Security Disability Lawyer in Macon GA
The Eichholz Law Firm offers free, no-obligation initial consultations. During this time, you and the attorney will review your situation, look at any past denials, and talk through the details of your case. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by spending this time learning from a disability lawyer.
This initial consultation will also introduce you to other options the applications committee will not tell you about, such as “on the record” (OTR) decisions. An OTR decision can approve your benefits without you even having to go through the stress of a hearing.
Contact The Eichholz Law Firm
The Georgia Advocacy Office and similar agencies, both public and private, are available for non-legal consultation. If your application for Social Security benefits is denied, these agencies cannot assist you further. In that case, you should hire a disability lawyer to help you present a convincing benefit appeals case to the court.
We recommend that you contact a Social Security Disability lawyer in Macon, GA, during the early stages of the appeals process. Make an appointment for a free consultation with our legal team today. Our office is located at 3200 Riverside Drive Suite B265, Macon, GA 31210.